Friday, January 13, 2006

Hablas Espanol?

I have shuffled my "free time" schedule this year with a few new activities. Since I was not going to be a Bible Study leader this year, I decided to start learning Spanish. Tracy and I seem to do enough mission work in Spanish-speaking countries, so I thought it would be an effective way to prepare for the next chapter in my life... whatever that may bring. It is good to be prepared.

My boss is allowing me to take the classes during extended lunch hours which has been a wonderful gift to me (not to mention a good employee-retention maneuver on her part - ha ha). It has been a lot of work and have just started my second class. As a grand finale for the semester, Tracy and I are going back to Colima, Mexico for a construction mission trip. We are returning to the same orphanage, Hogar de Amor y Proteccion al Nino, that we have served for the past several years. We are going with a group of people from Michigan, including my sister Kristie. I am very excited about that. Here is a photo I took during one of my breaks in class. My professor is on the right. She is very simpatico (nice), and we have a lot in common. Janice is one of my classmates.

No comments: