I checked out the sermons that were recorded for on-line listening and really liked it! So we tried it. When we got to New Life Center that day, the bulletin gave the day's weather forecast in Everett, AND in Eugene, Oregon (where Tracy attended college way back). Come to find out, the pastor came to Everett from Eugene! Tracy felt instantly connected. And it has been awesome ever since. We have been working the Welcome Booth lately, and it is a lot of fun. The church is a little larger than what we would have thought we'd like. On Easter, there was close to 4,000 people (all services combined). But for some reason it feels small to us. We have made some good friends. Check out the sermons on-line if you have time. Nate (and the rest of the pastoral team of course) is an awesome, down-to-earth pastor with very great and insightful messages. I guarantee that you'll enjoy them if you check it out.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
New Life Center
When Tracy and I first moved to Everett, we transferred our church membership over to the Episcopal Church in town. It was a gorgeous church, and we could walk there it was so close. But over time, we realized we needed something a little more. So we tried a few different churches here and there. Then someone told me about a Four Square Church down near Seattle, not that we planned to go (too far), but when I searched for it on the internet, a local Four Square Church called New Life Center came up. We had never heard of the "four square" denomination before.
I checked out the sermons that were recorded for on-line listening and really liked it! So we tried it. When we got to New Life Center that day, the bulletin gave the day's weather forecast in Everett, AND in Eugene, Oregon (where Tracy attended college way back). Come to find out, the pastor came to Everett from Eugene! Tracy felt instantly connected. And it has been awesome ever since. We have been working the Welcome Booth lately, and it is a lot of fun. The church is a little larger than what we would have thought we'd like. On Easter, there was close to 4,000 people (all services combined). But for some reason it feels small to us. We have made some good friends. Check out the sermons on-line if you have time. Nate (and the rest of the pastoral team of course) is an awesome, down-to-earth pastor with very great and insightful messages. I guarantee that you'll enjoy them if you check it out.
I checked out the sermons that were recorded for on-line listening and really liked it! So we tried it. When we got to New Life Center that day, the bulletin gave the day's weather forecast in Everett, AND in Eugene, Oregon (where Tracy attended college way back). Come to find out, the pastor came to Everett from Eugene! Tracy felt instantly connected. And it has been awesome ever since. We have been working the Welcome Booth lately, and it is a lot of fun. The church is a little larger than what we would have thought we'd like. On Easter, there was close to 4,000 people (all services combined). But for some reason it feels small to us. We have made some good friends. Check out the sermons on-line if you have time. Nate (and the rest of the pastoral team of course) is an awesome, down-to-earth pastor with very great and insightful messages. I guarantee that you'll enjoy them if you check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can so see you and Tracy working the welcome booth. What a good ministry for you two. I feel welcome already!
Post a Comment