Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bad Bad Blogger

If I have learned one thing from my years of experience in communications it would be this: content always must be current and relevant or you will loose readership. I have been a bad blogger and apologize if you have visited our blog only to get stale and out-dated content. But life happens, and things take the back burner.

All is well on the Gilson home front. But Tracy and I were certainly very happy to see the weekend! We have been really busy with work. We have both been trying to get this "work-life" balance thing figured out, but we have good weeks and bad weeks.

Tracy's job is going great. He is constantly learning new things. It is like a college education, except they are paying him. He designs low-impact solutions for surface (rain) water issues. He currently has a few big projects under construction which is keeping him busy. He is really happy and learning tons!

My work has been crazy as well. I am the primary marketing person over our 80-physician medical group, and we are undergoing an identity conversion (logo change) with all of our signs, printed material, badges, etc. We are also moving from paper medical records to an electronic medical records system (a multi-million dollar project). To add to the chaos, we are relocating one of our clinics into a new building in June. And this is all above and beyond the day-to-day functions of newsletters, advertising, website redesign, etc. Uugh. The job is really too big for one person and is certainly taking a toll. The rest of the marketing team is focused on hospital-related marketing with a $600 million expansion project currently underway.

Outside of work, Tracy is taking a Spanish class on Saturday mornings. It has been over a year since I studied the language, and it is refreshing to study a little with him.

I will try to post some other "recent happenings" this weekend to make up for my bad blogging. But I must get the house cleaned and laundry done before Tracy gets back from class. Adios!

photo source: timeinc.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uggghhh... I SO feel your pain with regard to the logo change impact, the clinic relocation, etc. Good luck getting through the next couple of months :-)