That is the command to stop rowing and place your oars in a stable position to set the boat. But it is also how I feel after two hours of rowing --- way enough! Or, if it were spelled "weigh enough," it could be indicative of why I spend 2 hours pushing water around in an unstable boat! Ha. It is good exercise and very technically interesting.
We have started rowing again, two or three times a week. Saturday, Tracy and I went out in a double (two person boat). It reminded me of when we sailed the International 110 together. It was both fun and difficult at the same time. The teamwork, efficiency, and effectiveness principles are very easily transferable to how teams should function outside of the boat... in the workplace or marriage, for example. It is pretty fascinating and very applicable.
The boathouse is full of boats because it supports the whole county. They have student, beginner, intermediate, and competitive groups using the boats.
1 comment:
Oh, rowing! Fun! And good exercise. I think it's so cool that you and T have such an active lifestyle!
Post a Comment