Holy cow. My mom has been in the hospital FOREVER. I am so glad she is going home. It has been 15 days since her colon surgery. She is progressing well, but got an infection that kept her in the hospital a bit longer than expected.
Tuesday will begin a whole new chapter for her, adapting to life as it once was. But it won't be the same; I am sure. And I don't expect it to be. It is my hope that her life (as well as my father's) will become more meaningful and fulfilling than ever before. Some people never face challenges or second chances in their lives. These speed bumps are usually the catalyst that moves them into a quest for more purpose and satisfaction in life. That is my hope for my parents.... that the trials they (we) have faced this past month will lead to something wonderful. That they will desire change and learn to love, learn, trust, believe, experience and share... like they never have before. That is what second chances are all about; and that is the desire of my heart.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I finally took a moment to check out your blog, and this is what I see. Holy cow.
I am glad to hear that she made it through the surgery, and the prognosis is good.
The chemo will be a long process and probably not the most enjoyable. She must remember that most often good things out of bad circumstances. Tell her to hang in there and your family will be in my thoughts.
Take care, Mango
Keep the faith, Momma Zaam.
(And daughter Zaam))):-)
Post a Comment