I haven't really been involved in the Public Relations Society of America since college. When I was a Junior and Senior, I was the Vice President of our student chapter and attended the national conference in Phoenix. But since then, I haven't had to be too "PR-like" in my job, and have gravitated towards more healthcare-related associations for professional growth.
But this past week, I went back in time. I had the pleasure of spending some time with the PRSA national president, Rhoda Weiss. Rhoda flew into Seattle to speak at a PRSA Puget Sound anniversary event at the space needle. I met Rhoda because she just happens to be good friends with the CEO of the hospital where I work. And Rhoda is using our physician group as a case study in her PhD dissertation. She was on an information-gathering expedition, and so I was able to spend some time helping her with the gathering. She also had an extra ticket for the space needle event, which was great fun.
It was pleasure getting to know Rhoda, who is also from Michigan originally, and meeting fellow communications professionals who work in Seattle. Hopefully some lasting friendships have started.
No comments:
Post a Comment