Saturday, November 15, 2008

Parents Visit

Sorry if you have visited our blog more than once lately only to find my cute little Livi in the last post for almost two months! I have had a pretty crazy couple months. Lots going on. I will try to blog more to catch everyone up. So here is my first post of many I intend to publish over the next few weeks. So visit again soon.

My parents came out to visit over Halloween. It was the first trip for my dad to the Pacific Northwest, and they had a full agenda. The weather was 50% rain 50% sun... which is pretty good for late October around here. They visited Vancouver and Victoria, BC and saw big cities and humpback whales. We drove into the mountains to visit Leavenworth, a cute German Frankenmuth-style town. We didn't spend a lot of time in Seattle, but did go to a trendy little restaurant called the Black Bottle and enjoyed a late night drink and dessert (peach and blueberry kettle tart with fresh cream) after they returned from Victoria on the ferry.
All in all, It was a very nice visit. Next time, they want to sail on a ferry or cruise to Alaska or take a train tour through the Canadian Rockies. We might need more than a week for those trips.

But it gives us something to look forward to :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot about Frankemuth! Visitors are always fun. I wish plane tix were cheaper.
annie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they had a really nice visit! My own parents are coming out to San Diego for a week on December 7, and it will be my dad's first trip out here. We're thinking of booking a day-long deep sea fishing excursion for him as his Christmas present.

Kristie said...

I have been waiting for some good blog posts! Kv