I just completed my first year of college Spanish classes! Wow. I took a total of 15 credits --- from three different courses (Spanish 101, 102, 103). Learning a second language at 35 is very hard. But as my professor said in our last day of class, "Just think, a year ago today you had a very small understanding of another language. That year would have passed you by whether you took Spanish or didn't. But because you challenged yourself, you now have a new knowledge and skill under your belt. You are one of the few that know a second language. Thanks for not letting that year pass by."
It is amazing how fast time can go by... how easy it is to put things on the back-burner. It was hard to commit to the extra investment of my time (and brain), but it has been worth it. I have wanted to learn Spanish for over five years! YEAH! And I have already registered for Spanish 201 in the fall. The sky is the limit!
So what is on your back-burner?
"It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." --- Anais Nin (artist/writer)
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment