Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blackberries, Blackberries and more Blackberries

I have never seen anything like it before in my life. The blackberries are everywhere... the side of the road, in the backyard, in the field, by the water. Tracy calls it an "invasive species." I guess it is a huge problem, and it is very difficult to stop it from spreading. But to the normal person, like me, I just like fresh blackberries.

I went up the hill tonight with Benson and picked about a half gallon of them. Yum. I taught benson how to help himself on the lower branches. Invasive? I don't really care. They are free, and they taste good. How much are they at the store? They must be a staple around here, cuz ya just don't see a lot of people out picking them. More for me, yippeee.

Tis the season in Washington for invasive himalayan blackberries. Bring your own bowl, but watch out for the thorns!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

I've never had a blackberry!

Make sure you wash them before you eat them.