Phở, Teriyaki, Espresso Huts... they are all over out here. Not that we don't have the occasional McDonalds or Wendy's, but you can't drive far in the Puget Sound area without running into one of these three types of road-side or strip mall attraction. And they are all actually very appetizing.Our latest favorite is Phở. It is pronounced like "Duh" although Tracy and I affectionately refer to it as Pho with a long "o" like "toe" just cuz it is more fun to say that way. It is a traditional Japanese noodle soup with slices of beef that cook in the broth. It is VERY VERY tasty, and it is pretty inexpensive at about $5.50 (usually cash only) a bowl. The soup comes with a garnish plate of bean sprouts, cilantro, jalapenos, and a lime. Sometimes we get fresh spring rolls and peanut sauce as a starter if we are really hungry. Tea is usually complementary.
I found this cheesy commercial on YouTube that shows you how you eat it. I couldn't resist posting it... sexy music and all. And yes, you are supposed to use chopsticks. It just doesn't look right using a fork.
Maybe I will dedicate later posts to Teriyaki and Espresso Stands... stay tuned.
2 comments:
I love international cuisine. Yum! Reminds me of how in San Diego you can't go a block without passing 2-3 sushi restaurants...
Do you eat with chop sticks?
anne
Post a Comment